Thursday, March 22, 2012

3-22-2012

Not sure how much longer Dannii is going to be hanging on.  When I got up this morning, he was not in his chair.  Not unusual, I figured that he had gone outside to go to the bathroom.  After getting the laundry out of the dryer, I stuck my head out the back door, and in looked in the yard.  I didn't see Dannii at all.  So, I thought that he had come back inside, while I was at the kitchen sink.  So, take laundry inside, and check, and no Dannii!  I put the small amount of laundry away, and go back outside, and walk the yard.  Still not seeing him, until........I turned and looked in the corner.  There he was, down.  I was half sick that he had passed, or was just asleep.  He was asleep.  Outside, were its cold, and the grass was semi wet with due.

So, I got him up, and had him come back into the house.  He kept wondering out to the garage and back inside, like he was trying to go poo.  Right now, he is laying down in the hall.  I gave him his nausea pills and apptite stimulant, about a half hour ago.  Right now, he doesn't look like he will eat anything at all.  So am not even going to try yet.  Hopefully in another half hour or maybe an hour, I can get him to take something.

My friend Chris, from our Basenji meet-up's, had called my vet and paid for another round of Elspar for Dannii.  That was so very kind and sweet of him.  I left the decision up to him, if he wanted to do that or not.  This will be the very last round he gets, as it will be his 4th and 5th shot.  There is enough in one bottle for two (2) shots.  I am just praying that he doesn't have a reaction to any of them.  I also pray that they will kick in like it did before, and give him another few weeks of comfort.

I hate seeing him like this.  He has his head hanging down most of the time now.  His face has sunken in some.  It just would have been nice if we could have gotten the Elspar last week.  I pray that its not too late this time.

These 2 pictures were taken on 3-20-2012


These pictures were taken yesterday 3-21-2012



This one is taken of Zak.  He was half under a blanket, with his head resting on the arm of the chair.



Just praying now that the Elspar will come in either today or tomorrow, and I can get Dannii in to get his shot.  I won't be able to pick him up, as I will be at work, so hopefully, I can get my son to pick him up and bring him home.

I wanted to mention that Dannii finally ate a little bit late yesterday.  He ate a 2.5oz jar of baby food.  A few hours later (I had some stew left over from last week, that I had in the fridge), so I gave him a small amount of stew (after I heated it up), and he went to town on that.  I gave him a bit more, and he ate that also.  I have enough for two more feedings, and hopefully he will eat at least one of them today, of not both.

Well, that's all for today, you all come back again, now hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment