Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We had an awesome Sunday

This past Sunday, we all got to meet a bunch of new basenji's.  It was so very cool.  At one time, there was a total of 12 of us, but two of them had to leave right away. There was a young pup named Zorro, and if you look closely, you can see him in the middle of this pack of basenji's.  He's a 7 month old tri boy. Anyway, he started running, and then all but for 2, started chasing Zorro, and we heard someone yell "their doing the b-500".  It was alot of fun and I have to tell you that I have never ran that much and that long since I was a pup!  So, I got kind of ticked off that I couldn't catch this little guy, that when I finally did get close to him, I nipped him, to let him know how much I was irratated at him.  I don't think it made any difference to him tho.  He was having too much fun.

This all took place at Point Isabel, were we always go. But, the basenji meet up is only once a month. I like this. We get alot of people stop and look at us and ask all kinds of question about what kind of dogs we are and so on. Plus we get lots of petting from different people. My mom and her friend tell people that we are so deprived of attention that we need to seek it elsewhere.

This is a photo of myself with Ramses.  He was new to this group. Had never been to this park before.  From what I understand, I heard that his sister had died just 3 days before. She was 12 years old, and had a brain tumor, and had died in her slaves arms. They were both very upset over this loss, but knew that they had to get back out and not sit and brood about what happened.  Ramses will be 14 in December. He looks real good for his age.  Oh, we also found out that Ramses and his sister had both come from the same breeder that Dannii and Jenna had come from!  How cool is that?

This photo was taken from last week, and mom likes to call it "on the plains of the serengeti".  She thinks it looks like it could be taken on the serengeti.  Actually it was taken at our favorite park, Point Isabel.  Why do humans always have to take butt pictures, and think that they are so cute?

Well anyways, you all come back now, ya hear? At least I got to get on our blog and let you all know what we have been doing, and it didn't take almost a year this time!

See ya

2 comments:

  1. Ramses had fun ... so did I .
    but I need to correct something ....
    it was his Wife of 11 years - NUBIA
    that passed away!!!not his sister .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we're Pt. Isabel regulars too! We saw three basenjis and a shiba just the other day -- not sure if it was your pack?

    I signed up to get Meetup notifications, but haven't been able to get out to a basenji meetup yet.

    ReplyDelete