Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3-13-12

All Dannii had yesterday was some DogSure.  He didn't even finish the whole can, but did drink most of it.  No solid foods, no lunchmeat, nothing.  I fixed all these different foods, and now he won't touch them.  He used to chow down liver, but no more.  I had to end up giving it to Jenna and Zak before it went bad.  I baked up chicken thighs and cut them all up, and so far, he's refusing to eat them too.  No scrambled eggs, either.

I doubled his cerena (nausea pill) and his appitite stimulant pills, he used to just get one of each, but I gave him two of each, and am waiting for them to kick in.  Directions say a half hour before a meal.  Well, I am waiting longer than that.  Before, he would go all day and not eat until around dinnertime.  Am going to see if I can get him to eat or drink his DogSure before I have to leave for work. 

These pictures were taken yesterday.  We are going to have rain for the next 5 days or so, so I doubt if I'll be able to get him outside during that time.  One just never knows.

















He likes being outside.  If he didn't stop and try and poo every few minutes, you would still never know that he was sick.  Sometimes this disease has me so totally baffled.  I keep thinking that if he truly has cancer, shouldn't he have passed over by now?  Could it be something else entirely?   I just don't have the $$$$ to find those things out.  He got an Elspar shot (chemo), and that seemed to help very well back in February.  So, if he doesn't have cancer, would the Elspar still do any good?  If its not cancer, what else could it be?  All interesting questions, and to which I will never have an answer.

Like I stated previously, we are just taking it one day at a time.  I have no idea how much longer he's going to be able to hang on.  I was thinking that IF he was still here when I get my settlement (and depending on how much it is; from the car accident from two years ago), then I would certainly do a few tests, just to begin with to see what's going on.  The mediation for the settlement isn't until the end of June, so I doubt that is going to happen.  It would be nice if he was still here and all, but if I can't get him to eat or drink the DogSure................. need I say anymore?

Well, you all come back again, now hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment