Friday, March 23, 2012

3-23-2012 Chemo shot today

I didn't know if Dannii would make it through the night or not.  He was really bad yesterday.  While I was at work, the vet's office called to say the Elspar had come in, but since I was at work, there was no way I could get Dannii in.  So, planned on bringing him in Friday morning, that is, if he survived the night.

Thankfully, I can say that he was still among us this morning, but not doing good.  The vet even asked me if I was sure that I wanted to do this, instead of just letting him go.  I thought he deserved one more chance of feeling good and having some good days ahead, hopefully, so yes, I went through with the Elspar.

The vet told me that if there is no change by Monday, then it is probably best to let him go.  I agreed.  So the next couple of days will tell the story.  When we got home, Dannii ate a jar of baby food, granted it was only a 2.5 oz jar, but non the less, it was something.

I had gone out and mowed the backyard, as it's going to be raining now for several days.  While I was mowing part of the lawn, I had to take a break.  Zak came out to check things out around "his" tree.


Dannii and Jenna came out also.  Dannii had been out earlier basking in the sunshine, then had gone back into the house.  When I went back outside to finish the lawn, him and Jenna came out to see what I was doing.

Now, you have to remember, we had only been home from the vets for about an hour or so, so I think he was doing ok here.

Also, it turned out that he was dehydrated again, so he got some sub q fluids at the vets, and I have the remaining of the bag here to give him some over the next 3 days.

So far today, he has eaten a total of 4 baby jars of food, a little bit of my tuna sandwich, and a few treats.  That's the most he has eaten since Wednesday.

Am praying that things will improve over the next few days.  He's hung on this long when the vets said he would never see his birthday in December (past), and here we are the end of March!  Praying that we get through the week-end. 

You all come back again, now hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment